Translate

Monday, September 21, 2009

OOOHHH! Jogless stripes!


I am quite tickled about the jogless stripes concept. It's so simple, and see how it really works. I'm sure as I practice this technique more, I will get better. But so far, so good.

I can hopefully post a link to the blog that solved this problem for me. I'm just waiting for the owner's OK.

I taught my first Sock Hippo class this past Friday. It went pretty good. I have to refine my teaching technique a bit but overall I am pleased with the result. Second session is Friday and I'll have a better opportunity to see how I should refine my process. I had fun though.

Farmer's Market this year has been a little slower than usual, but still fun. It keeps me busy. After the market on Saturday, I cleaned off the back patio so that my dad and I could Dye cotton Sunday.

All I can say is WOW! He tye dyed two shirts, and I dyed lots of cotton yarn. I am eager to see how it turnes out. The process for dying cotton is much more involved and takes a longer time period than the wool. Its no wonder there is a shortage of hand dyed cottons. Perhaps when I have more time I can go into detail but for now, lets just say I feel accomplished and will post pics as soon as I have them.

Thank you all again for reading the ramblings of a madwoman and stay tuned....