Translate

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mybootee Sock Monkee 2.0 has inspired me to create another little critter which will remain unnamed for the time being. I believe this "secret" project will be fantastic, but I find it hard sometimes to express what's in my head with physical mediums. I will however share my latest stop in this continual journey.

After making about 100 different foldable fans, I got to thinking, "What else can I make using these great fabrics?" So I started making oven mitts. I know, kinda cheesy, but it takes a special kind of person to appreciate a unique oven mitt. And I'm sure everyone reading this knows, there are many special kinds of people in this world, who am I to decide that the ones who like unique oven mitts are any less special than those who don't. Here's my fave. Its sold already, but I will be working on a couple more that are very similar and perhaps sets of potholders and oven mitts of my more popular designs.

There is something appealing about green and brown together. I'm also trying to find a way to couple browns with other colors. They just seem eye catching to me.

Next in my journey... This little guy. He is completely hand stitched because he measures H=3.5 in, W=5 in, L=5.5 in. I found a pattern for a larger version of this little dog, and scaled it down. I immediately thought he'd make a cute pincushion. We shall see what becomes of him.