Translate

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Indiana Jones and the......(what was the rest?)

Ok folks! Just got home from seeing Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It was great. I laughed....I cried.... No actually I didn't cry but I did enjoy myself and it will be a welcome edition to the special edition DVD set that is sure to hit stores this Christmas. And am I the only one who has a hard time saying the name of this movie?

I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I won't go into details, but Crystal Skull had all of the typical Indie traits. A hat issue, a snake issue, sticky situations, and plenty of bad guys. There was also a bit more humor than we have come to expect from the earlier film, but it wasn't overly cheesy. While watching the first three films on the Sci-Fi channel last weekend I did notice how cheesy the fights were. Particularly in Raiders of the Lost Ark when Indie is fighting the burly German while Marion is stuck in the cockpit. And watching the little spin that Indie does each time the German thug hits him I just couldn't help but laugh hystarically. You will be pleased to know that the fight scenes in this last installment aren't quite as bad. Over all I would recommend it.

After seeing this film though, I can't help but wonder is Shia Lebeof going to be the next Indie, or is this it? And as a side note. I have to say that I think he's the next John Cusack. It will be interesting to see the progression of his career. I guess every generation has to have a geeky cutie right?